Connect with us

Latest News

US: Trump announces plans to launch his own social network

‘TRUTH Social’ is reportedly already available for pre-order in Apple’s App Store Former US president Donald Trump announced plans Wednesday to launch his own social network, in the latest push to reclaim his internet dominance after he was banned from Twitter and Facebook in the wake of the violent Capitol insurrection. “TRUTH Social” will be…

US: Trump announces plans to launch his own social network

‘TRUTH Social’ is reportedly already available for pre-order in Apple’s App Store

Former US president Donald Trump announced plans Wednesday to launch his own social network, in the latest push to reclaim his internet dominance after he was banned from Twitter and Facebook in the wake of the violent Capitol insurrection.
“TRUTH Social” will be owned by Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), and is expected to begin its beta launch for “invited guests” next month. It is already available for pre-order in Apple’s App Store, the group said in a statement.
TMTG also intends to launch a subscription video on-demand service that will feature “non-woke” entertainment programming and will be led by Scott St. John, an executive producer from “Deal Or No Deal” and “America’s Got Talent,” the statement said.
“I created TRUTH Social and TMTG to stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech,” Trump, who was banned from Twitter and Facebook for stoking the attack at the US Capitol on January 6, was quoted as saying in the statement.
“We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favourite American President has been silenced. This is unacceptable,” he continued.
The Trump Media & Technology Group will merge with blank check company Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC) to make TMTG a publicly listed company, the statement said.
“The transaction values Trump Media & Technology Group at an initial enterprise value of $875 Million, with a potential additional earnout of $825 Million in additional shares (at the valuation they are granted) for a cumulative valuation of up to $1.7 Billion depending on the performance of the stock price post-business combination,” it stated.
“Given the total addressable market and President Trump’s large following, we believe the TMTG opportunity has the potential to create significant shareholder value,” DWAC chief Patrick Orlando said in the statement.
For years, Trump, who wielded Twitter in particular as a rhetorical weapon during his presidency, has battled tech giants whom he argues have wrongfully censored him.
The free-speech fight escalated when Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the rest of the world’s dominant social media platforms banned him as punishment for stirring up the mob that ransacked Congress.
Ever since, Trump has been looking for ways to reclaim his internet megaphone, launching several lawsuits against the tech giants.
In May, he launched a blog called “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” which was touted as a major new outlet — but he pulled it from the internet just a month later.
Former Trump aide Jason Miller launched a social network called Gettr earlier this year, but the Republican has not yet joined it.
Shortly after TRUTH Social was announced, Miller congratulated Trump on “re-entering the social media fray.”
“Now Facebook and Twitter will lose even more market share,” he said in a statement tweeted by Gettr.
Facebook banned Trump indefinitely on January 7 over his incendiary comments that preceded the Capitol insurrection, later narrowing the ban to two years.
Twitter quickly followed, permanently suspending Trump’s account — which had more than 88 million followers at the time — due to the “risk of further incitement of violence.”
Trump has begun holding public events, including campaign-style rallies, as he seeks to remain the nation’s most influential Republican.
He has teased a potential 2024 presidential run but has made no announcement on his political future.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Emirati youth learning new skills to be ready for future of work

Local talent will be seen in action in the $3 million MBZIRC Maritime Grand Challenge. With the UAE investing in advanced technologies, Emirati youngsters are acquiring skills and education to be ready for the opportunities. Dr Arthur Morrish, CEO, Aspire, organising the Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC), is looking forward to seeing local…

Emirati youth learning new skills to be ready for future of work

Local talent will be seen in action in the $3 million MBZIRC Maritime Grand Challenge.

With the UAE investing in advanced technologies, Emirati youngsters are acquiring skills and education to be ready for the opportunities.
Dr Arthur Morrish, CEO, Aspire, organising the Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC), is looking forward to seeing local talent in action at this edition’s $3 million MBZIRC Maritime Grand Challenge.
“An overwhelming number of Emirati youth and professionals are showing keen interest in learning new technological skills to fit into the future workplace. This is becoming increasingly evident as the UAE undergoes this digital transformation and builds its knowledge economy continuing to position the country at the forefront of global technological innovation. However, achieving this goal requires a concerted effort from the public, private and education sectors,” Dr Morrish told Khaleej Times.
The three-phase global challenge is underway with the submission round of white paper till December 30, then there is simulation in August 2022 and live demonstration in June 2023.
“The competition is open to leading universities, research institutions, companies and individual innovators from all over the world, including the UAE. We’re really excited about the entries from the UAE and can’t wait for the local talent to showcase their skills on the global stage and test themselves against the world’s best.”
In the challenge, top universities, research institutions, companies and individual innovators from all over the world can participate. They are encouraged to collaborate and partner with the industry to form teams.
The competition focuses on finding real-world solutions to maritime safety and security challenges such as smuggling, human trafficking, illegal fishing, and piracy. Dr Morrish said robotics-based industries will play a key role in the future knowledge-based economy of the UAE.
Registrations to the challenge can be done through https://www.mbzirc.com
Aspire is the technology programme management pillar of Abu Dhabi’s Advanced Technology Research Council (ATRC), which is responsible for defining the emirate’s research and development strategy, consolidating funds for efficient investment, and driving policy and regulation.

Ashwani Kumar
I am a newspaperman from the emirate of Abu Dhabi. A journalist at heart. I get my stories from the streets. A south Indian born in the Hindi heartland, I easily connect with people from different nationalities and cultures. I am calm like a monk, sensitive and very patient reporter. On the ground, I cover a range of topics related to community, health, embassy, tourism, transport, business and sports. I will go out on a leg to do what’s right and stand by what I believe in.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Woman dies after Alec Baldwin fires prop gun on film set

US actor Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed a cinematographer and wounded the director on a film set in New Mexico, US law enforcement officers said Thursday. The incident happened on the set of “Rust” in the southwestern US state, where Baldwin is playing the lead in a 19th-century western. Halyna Hutchins and…

Woman dies after Alec Baldwin fires prop gun on film set

US actor Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed a cinematographer and wounded the director on a film set in New Mexico, US law enforcement officers said Thursday.
The incident happened on the set of “Rust” in the southwestern US state, where Baldwin is playing the lead in a 19th-century western.
Halyna Hutchins and Joel Souza “were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin,” the sheriff in Santa Fe said in a statement.
Hutchins, 42, was transported to hospital by helicopter but died of her wounds, while Souza, 48, was taken by ambulance and is receiving treatment.
No charges have been filed over the incident, which is being investigated, with witness interviews ongoing.
A spokesperson from the production told The Hollywood Reporter the “accident” involved the misfire of a prop gun with blanks.
A sheriff’s spokesman told the publication that the director was in “critical condition.”
The incident took place at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, a production location near Santa Fe which is popular with Hollywood filmmakers.
Movie sets usually have stringent rules over the use of prop weapons, but accidents have happened.
Most famously, Brandon Lee, the son of martial arts legend Bruce Lee, died during filming of “The Crow” after being shot by a gun that was supposed to fire blanks.
ALSO READ:

Continue Reading

Latest News

India: Army recovers bodies of 5 trekkers trapped by snow

Slide Menus Show/Hide Left Slide Menu Show/Hide Right Slide Menu Show/Hide Top Slide Menu Show/Hide Bottom Slide Menu   ANI/Kinnaur Filed on October 22, 2021 Representational image: ANI Two people rescued, 4 still missing Indian army forces on Thursday recovered five bodies and rescued two people from snow in a rescue operation with Indo-Tibetan Border…

India: Army recovers bodies of 5 trekkers trapped by snow

Slide Menus

Show/Hide Left Slide Menu
Show/Hide Right Slide Menu
Show/Hide Top Slide Menu
Show/Hide Bottom Slide Menu

 

ANI/Kinnaur

Filed on October 22, 2021

Representational image: ANI

Two people rescued, 4 still missing

Indian army forces on Thursday recovered five bodies and rescued two people from snow in a rescue operation with Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), informed Abid Hussain Sadiq, Deputy Commissioner, Kinnaur.
“ITBP & Army started rescue operations on Thursday for 11 trekkers who went missing. They had started their expedition from Uttarakhand. Army rescued two people & recovered five bodies from the snow at different places,” said Deputy Commissioner.
The Deputy Commissioner added that four out of the 11 trekkers are still missing.

Continue Reading
error: Content is protected !!